Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abtex

Software for steel connections

1 post in this topic

Hello!

I'm looking for software with which I can create custom steel connections and design them to eurocode. I found Advance Steel where I can create custom connections but he can check only these from the data base (not custom). I also found Limcon (Bentley). These softwares have date bases with 10-15 connections. I want to create my own different connection and I want the software to make eurocode checks. Do you know something like that? And what is good software for steel connections in general?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nick Dunas
      We have finally launched!

After two years of intensive work, we are more than happy to announce the initial release of the beta version of Steel suite.

Steel suite is a cloud-based platform that offers high-end web applications for the design of steel connections according to the Eurocode. The initial version of the platform offers three applications for the design of fin plate simple joints. Additionally, an interactive steel sections library is also available.

The main advantage of Steel suite is that the calculations are implemented on our servers. This feature assures that the engineer can access and use the applications from any device (PCs, laptops, tablets and mobiles) with an internet connection, regardless its computational power. The applications are developed using state of the art technologies, offering interactive 3D and 2D graphics.

Please feel free to create a personal account and test the platform by yourself here:

steel.ecwix.com/register

You can navigate to our multilingual commercial web page here:

www.ecwix.com/en

If you find our project interesting keep in touch with us by following our page on LinkedIn:

Ecwix Engineering @ LinkedIn
    • By teixeiranh
      Hello to all of you.

I have a doubt here and I would like to know what you all think about this.

In a project that we are here developing in Portugal we made a decision that has led to a great discussion in my office. 

We are connecting a steel I beam to a slotted holes Fin Plate (easier to align/construct on the site). The slotted holes are transverse ones, ie, the greatest dimension is perpendicular to the shear force in the beam web. The bolts are snug tightened, no pretension at all.

My question is what will happen at the ultimate limit state? Will the bolts develop only a vertical force, or will they develop two sets of forces x and y like a normal sized hole fin plate? 

You may find a scheme attached.

Thanks to all of you,
      Nuno Teixeira

• By alibajwa42
      can some one please help me to make connection between tube sections????????
    • By narendra
      Hi everyone,
      I am new to designing. and i have 4 years of experience in detailing. now i am looking improve knowledge in connection design in AISC. Can anyone help me providing the appropriate material or spread sheets to design connections
      Beam to beam, beam column, vertical & horizontal brace connections.
      Thanks,
      Narendra
    • By PirsSN
      Hello everyone,
      I have some doubts regarding steel connection design. Assume a beam-column connection with a simple fin plate. Further, the beam is acted by a combination of vertical loads and an axial load. In said circumstances, the nominally pinned connection using the fin plate will have to be verified against a combination of the vertical and a horizontal shear components.
      As far as I have gathered, the majority of the existing information on the application of Eurocode 3, Part 1-8, such as the SCI Publication P358, strictly address the case of vertical shear. Indeed, there are additional checks for horizontal shear due to tying forces in the connection, but it is assumed that the vertical shear and the horizontal tying forces act independently.
      Could anyone provide me with some additional information on the aforementioned issue? Should I obtain the vector sum of the horizontal and vertical shear components and design the fin plate considering both the checks for vertical shear and those for the tying forces?
      Any input on this topic is greatly appreciated.