Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saikiran Gone

Concrete Environmental Class

3 posts in this topic

Dear Sir's 

As per soil report for   one of the project, we received the following information regarding concrete class in  below  ground: 

Based on the test results, the materials tested are classified as Design Sulphate Classes are DS-1 (Total Potential sulfate < 0.24%) and the BRE Aggressive Chemical Environmental for Concrete (ACEC) class is AC-2r (for pH <5.5). These classifications can be utilized by the structural designers for the design of concrete elements in contact with the soil. 

How exactly to inform the contractor to follow this class. 
Do we need to indicate any special cement type or special design mix? 

What exactly the above recommendation different than simply specifying the  M25 concrete. 

Please suggest any information to get knowledge on the above concrete class if possible. 

Thanks, 
Regards, 
Saikiran Gone.

On 3/15/2018 at 0:29 PM, Saikiran Gone said:

Dear Sir's 

As per soil report for   one of the project, we received the following information regarding concrete class in  below  ground: 

Based on the test results, the materials tested are classified as Design Sulphate Classes are DS-1 (Total Potential sulfate < 0.24%) and the BRE Aggressive Chemical Environmental for Concrete (ACEC) class is AC-2r (for pH <5.5). These classifications can be utilized by the structural designers for the design of concrete elements in contact with the soil. 

How exactly to inform the contractor to follow this class. 
Do we need to indicate any special cement type or special design mix? 

What exactly the above recommendation different than simply specifying the  M25 concrete. 

Please suggest any information to get knowledge on the above concrete class if possible. 

Thanks, 
Regards, 
Saikiran Gone.

Dear All,

Expecting a reply from the seniors,

Regards,

Saikiran Gone.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:34 AM, Saikiran Gone said:

Dear All,

Expecting a reply from the seniors,

Regards,

Saikiran Gone.