Steel grade +AR or +N

1 post in this topic

Hello forum,

As per EN 10025-2, steel can be ordered either +AR as rolled or +N normalized rolling.
So as a designer how do you specify whether +AR or +N is required? 

Since we are only concerned with mechanical properties of steel grade as specified in the code for design.

Please see my interpretation & correct if I am wrong,

As normalized rolling is used to improve the mechanical properties of steel 

We shall specify grade like S275 J2 as per design requirement,

then steel supplier is suppose to decide whether he is capable of achieving the mechanical properties of steel in as rolled condition or not. 

and accordingly he will supply +AR or +N grade.

Am I right?

Do share your views....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • nihesh
      By nihesh
      Dear Sir,
      S355J0 and S355JR, in which specific situations do we go for each of the mentioned grades J0 and JR as per BS EN10164-2004. Please clarify.
      Also, it states quality classes z15, z25 and z35 in table 1 of EN10164. Please can someone help in finding out what is the criteria which decides on choosing which quality class to be adhered to? If there are any reference in code, please let me know. Your help will be very much appreciated.
      Thanks and regards,
      Nihesh N
    • ion
      By ion
      Could you mention a list with all the necessary notes and specifications that a structural steel technical drawing should always have?
      eg Steel Grade: S235 etc
      I will try to update the first post of this thread whenever a new comment is posted!
      Thanks in advance,