seismic

Antiseismic Systems - Earthquake Protection Systems (seismic stop)

56 posts in this topic

It is a method that uses a mechanism to pontoon nodes of higher levels of longitudinal columns with earth and which dynamically stopping the overturning moment of columns and deflect the lateral load of the earthquake through the vertical support elements to stronger areas and directs them into the ground preventing in this way the appearance of torsional flexural buckling responsible for structural failures on the trunks of bearing elements. Prevents) 1) unilateral tilting (lifting) of the base 2) bending of the column, which both causes responsible for the occurrence of torsional flexural buckling 1.png

I'm not sure what your anti-seismic device is, but, it does not appear to be part of the structure.  The 'massive' and rigid roof structure and the relatively fixed base pretty much establish the failure observed.  The rigid 'L-shaped' corner columns and the relatively flexible second floor do little to prevent any torsional displacement/failure.  The failures shown on the floor plates are pretty much that would be expected.

If you have a viable anti-seismic device then you should approach the seismic engineering experts in the US likely.  Careful, they can be tough/unscrupulous business partners.  They may, however, be able to provide the impetus to successfully launch your product.  I've seen some tuned mass dampers that work well as long as they are maintained.  One of the two most difficult projects I did was a 6 storey parkade in a reasonably high seismic area... the architect didn't want the columns exposed on the outside and the entire perimeter cantilevers 15' (4.5m).  Flexural spandrel beams were used around the perimeter to force a mode(s) of vibration.

Just some thoughts...

1 person likes this

On 27/12/2016 at 6:22 AM, dik said:

I'm not sure what your anti-seismic device is, but, it does not appear to be part of the structure.  The 'massive' and rigid roof structure and the relatively fixed base pretty much establish the failure observed.  The rigid 'L-shaped' corner columns and the relatively flexible second floor do little to prevent any torsional displacement/failure.  The failures shown on the floor plates are pretty much that would be expected.

If you have a viable anti-seismic device then you should approach the seismic engineering experts in the US likely.  Careful, they can be tough/unscrupulous business partners.  They may, however, be able to provide the impetus to successfully launch your product.  I've seen some tuned mass dampers that work well as long as they are maintained.  One of the two most difficult projects I did was a 6 storey parkade in a reasonably high seismic area... the architect didn't want the columns exposed on the outside and the entire perimeter cantilevers 15' (4.5m).  Flexural spandrel beams were used around the perimeter to force a mode(s) of vibration.

Just some thoughts...

I hold a patent in America. http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=9%2C540%2C783.PN.&OS=PN%2F9%2C540%2C783&RS=PN%2F9%2C540%2C783

Ιs it possible to control the elastic deformation over the body of bearing elements?

In an earthquake, the columns lose their eccentricity and their bases are lifted, creating twisting in all of the nodes of the structure. There is a limit to the eccentricity, that is, there is a limit to the surface area of the base which is lifted by the rollover moment. To minimize the twisting of the bases, we place strong foot girders in the columns. In the large longitudinal columns (walls), due to the large moments which occur during an earthquake, it is practically impossible to prevent rotation with the classical way of construction of the foot girders.

It is a method that uses a mechanism to pontoon nodes of higher level of constructions with earth and which dynamically deflect the lateral load of the earthquake through the vertical support elements and directs them into the ground controlling in this way the oscillation of the construction which causes elastic deformation responsible for structural failures on the trunks of bearing elements.

The reaction of the mechanism to the raising of the roof of the longitudinal column and the opposing reaction of the at the bottom part of the base, divert the lateral load of the earthquake in the strong vertical section. With this diversion of the lateral load of the earthquake to the vertical columns, the twisting of the nodes is abolished because the lateral loadings of the earthquake are 100 per cent borne along the length of the columns, so it is impossible for them to twist in their main sections.

Experiment 1,8 g  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhkUlxC6IK4

more here http://file.scirp.org/Html/6-1880388_59888.htm

Brief Description of the Invention

The principal object of the hydraulic tie rod for construction projects of the present invention as well as of the method for constructing building structures utilizing the hydraulic tie rod of the present invention is to minimize the aforesaid problems associated with the safety of construction structures in the event of natural phenomena such as earthquakes, hurricanes and very high lateral winds. According to the present invention, this can be achieved by a continuous pre-stressing (pulling) of both the building structure towards the ground and of the ground towards the structure, making these two parts one body like a sandwich. Said pre-stressing is applied by means of the mechanism of the hydraulic tie rod for construction projects. Said mechanism comprises a steel cable crossing freely in the centre the structure’s vertical support elements and also the length of a drilling beneath them. Said steel cable’s lower end is tied to an anchor-type mechanism that is embedded into the walls of the drilling to prevent it from being uplifted. Said steel cable’s top end is tied to a hydraulic pulling mechanism, exerting a continuous uplifting force. The pulling force applied to the steel cable by means of the hydraulic mechanism and the reaction to such pulling from the fixed anchor at the other end of it generate the desired compression in the construction project.

My patent reacts differently. Basically, when the roof is connected to the ground through the patent rope, it limits the displacements of the floors (ie the drifts) and thus the intensity, which develops throughout the carrier, is limited.
MEASUREMENT OF ACCELERATION, POWER (F), Moment of inertia
See this video that has frequencies on the screen The 7 Hz frequency is ghosting at the frequency that my experiment had towards the end of the video.
video with frequencies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8qtIduEHM
My own experiment. The higher frequency is after 2.40 seconds and frequency is queried at the 7 Hz frequency of the other video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoM5pEy7n9Q
So ... In a natural earthquake I did the experiment with a 0.22 cm oscillating amplitude and a frequency of 7 Hz we have ... a = (- (2 * π * 7) ^ 2 * 0,22) / 9.81
3,14x2 = 6,28x7 = 43,96x43,96 = 1932,4816x0,22 = 425,1460 / 9,81 = 43,34g natural earthquake
The specimen in the experiment had a general mass weighing 850 kg. The second floor because of the inverted beam it carries is more pounds than half so I would say it is about 450kg and the ground floor is 400kg So to find the inertia force F first on the ground floor we say ...
F = m.a 400x425 = 170,000 Newton or 170 kN.
and the first floor 450X425 = 191250 Newton or 191.25 kN.
Total force F (Inertia) 170 + 191.25 = 361.25 kN
Moment of inertia
Strength X Height ^ 2
Ground floor 170X0,65X0,65 = 71,825 kN
First floor 191,25x1,3x1,3 = 323,21 kN
Total Inertia Torque 71,825 + 323,21 = 395 kN

The axial loads N (kN) of the vertical tendons for the following cases of virtual residential buildings are provided in a table, in order to deal with a very strong earthquake:
A. Case Design of a building 10.00m × 10.00m, square with nine (9) columns on a 5.00m grid and eight (8) tendons (see Figs A1, A2).
A.1 Ground height 3.50m
A.2 Two-storey, total height 7.00m
A.3 Three-storey, total height 10.50m
A.4 Four-storey, total height 14.00m
A.5 Five-storey, total height 17.50m
A.6 Ex-storey, total height 21.00m

B. Case Plan of a building 20.00m × 20.00m, square with twenty-five (25) columns on a 5.00m canvas and twenty-four (24) tendons (see Figures B1, B2).
B.1 Ground floor height 3.50m
B.2 Two-storey, total height 7.00m
B.3 Three-storey, total height 10.50m
B.4 Four-storey, total height 14.00m
B.5 Five-storey, total height 17,50m
B.6 Four-storey, total height 21.00m

https://s2.postimg.org/r817dnh6x/DSC04323.jpg
https://s2.postimg.org/v4ej9qhmx/DSC04322.jpg
https://s2.postimg.org/euod6dh49/DSC04321.jpg
https://s2.postimg.org/7rghqxjg9/DSC04320.jpg
https://s2.postimg.org/ll4ug5jt5/DSC04319.jpg

With the method of designing, clamping the top-level nodes with the ground, I hope to divert the lateral inertial stresses of the earthquake into more powerful areas of the structure than those currently driven. These strong areas have the ability to absorb these tensions (preventing and relieving the relative displacements (ie drifts) and thus the tension that develops throughout the vector is limited) and returning them to the soil from where they came by subtracting in this way, great tensions and failures over the load-bearing structure of the building while ensuring a stronger bearing capacity of the foundation soil. With the appropriate design of wall dimensioning and their placement in suitable locations, we also prevent the torsional buckling that occurs in asymmetrical and metallic high-rise structures. Basically, when the roof is connected to the ground through the patent rope, it limits the displacements of the floors (ie the drifts) and thus the intensity, which develops throughout the carrier, is limited.