Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bibliography on timber design

1 post in this topic

1. Concise Eurocode for design of timber structures. BS EN 1995: Eurocodes 5 - Julian Marcroft.
  2. Manual for the design of timber building structures to Eurocode 5 - IStructE & TRADA.
  3. Practical Design of Timber Structures to Eurocode 5 - H.J. Larsen & V. Enjily.
  4. Structural Timber Design to Eurocode 5 - Jack Porteous & Abdy Kermani.

1. Trada (Timber Research and Development Association)
  2. Handbook 1 (Timber structures.)
  3. Handbook 2 (Design of Timber Structures according to EC5.)

Help us expand this list by posting here!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jummybear
      Hi everyone,
      I am not very familiar with seismic design especially of timer prefabricated houses. Can somebody recommend me the way to move on, probably some good guide/book/tutorial? We live in anti-seismic zone so we do need to perform seismic analyses for our projects. But some of our clients from abroad are asking if we are able to perform such calculations for them. Until now, the answer is negative, but in future we would like to be able to perform such calculations. Looking for starting point, I will be grateful for any help. Customers are mainly from Europe and Scandinavia.
    • By Capacity
      I'm designing a portal frame structure similar to third type on the picture.
      Mine also has a horizontal tension element (a tie) at the level of knee joint (column-beam) connecting both columns. Knee joint is not glued but has to be mechanically connected. Base connection to the foundation is also rigid because my frame is quite high and I need it to stiffen it against lateral deformation.
      My question is what kind of knee joint would you design. I'm considering a system with self-tapping screws in tension like ZD-Platte or glued in metal sheets like HSK-System.
      I cannot use double beam or column.
      How do you usually design a rigid connection? With bolts? For that you usually need to make the wooden members bigger to make it work and still stiffness stays an issue.
    • By EoinByrne
      Hi all,
      I am currently undertaking the structural design for a 5-storey multi-residential wood structure. I am working with a student architect who is keen on using CLT panel construction (I am a student myself).
      Having done my research I have found some very good information on this type of construction i.e. span tables and case studies etc, however it is proving difficult to find any good info for structural/material properties for the CLT panel material, does anyone know of anywhere that this kind of info is readily available i.e. manufacturers technical details etc...
      Any help would be much appreciated, cheers,