5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have two questions,

First, I am concerning in studying Eurocode 2 online, could you please propose me a certified training center, where can I take courses online.

Second, could you please recommend me an Engineering University giving Master in structural engineering online?

I am living in Iraq, I am working in good job, and therefore, I couldn’t leave for studying on campus.

Thank you in advance,

Omar

Edited by Omar

Hello Omar,

You could check Concrete Centre's website! I am not sure if you could attend webinars there but it is probably the best place to buy all the necessary resources to become Eurocode 2 expert. You could also check our bibliography list on concrete design to Eurocode 2.

As for the distance learning Masters, I am sure there are a lot of universities in UK (e.g. Surrey) that offer similar courses.

Hope this helps..!

Dear Ion,

I appreciate your reply, it is useful!

At first sight, the bibliography list is helpful as I see.

Thank you so much!

Hi, I have recently completed the MSc Steel Construction from The University of Sheffield, and am currently working for a UK based steel design & fabrication company based in India. I wanted to know possible certification courses for EC pertaining to steel design.

Thanks in advance,

Sunketh

Have a look at SCI's website! I think you will find what you are looking for there!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Edu90
      Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a requirement to control crack width in a reinforced concrete corbel to eurocode 2?  Could I just take the area of the tension strut and check the minimum rebar controls cracking?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    • By TonyB
      What I'm trying to do (for completeness in my software) is to provide an analysis of a simply supported RC beam at intervals of span/20 - BM, SF, depth of concrete compression zone, lever arm and force in tension steel. For a singly reinforced beam it's a trivial exercise since there can be only one solution at any point.

What I can't seem to see, despite consulting several books, is the assumed distribution of forces in a doubly reinforced beam: obviously some of the moment is carried by opposing compressive and tension bars with the rest being taken by the compression zone concrete and tension steel. At a point where (say) the applied moment is one third of the maximum design moment it's probably the case that it could be resisted by the reinforcement only or by the section without the compression reinforcement, but presumably the correct answer is some of each. Help appreciated.
    • By Sjefen
      Hey,
      I have been trying to find solutions to composite column design, that is for example a circular column filled with concrete.
      Is there any quick approx. (rule of thumbs) solution like design tolerance of the steel column multiplied by any X number that gives a result within 10% of correct solution.
      I know there are two way´s to calculate this type of columns to EC, that is the official solution and the simplified solution. What i am looking for is an even more simplified solution
      If any one could help me with this or give me a hint on where I can find a spreadsheet or some freeware where I can design this type of problem that would be much appreciated !
      (My English is probably not 100% sorry for that)
      Best wishes,
      Sjefen
    • By a_geni
      The attached link is for Worked examples to Eurocode 2, hope that you find it useful.
      http://www.ermco.eu/documents/ermco-documents/worked-examples-ec2-def080723.pdf