rich19

Design of rafter to EC5

2 posts in this topic

This is the first excel sheet I have put together for the purpose of designing a structural element.

Any feedback would be most appreciated :).

rafters to ec3.xls

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Awais
      Dear Seniors/Sir
      I hope you are fine and enjoying your good health. I am also new here and doing seminar in wind load calculation of PV panels. I have try to find calculation from google. But I did not find get any good source. It is my humble request, please guide me about this. I need some reference design example and spread sheet link. Please do me a favour and send me in my email address m.awais29@hotmail.com or here. Please recommend me also some good book, where I can study and see the examples from basic to expert.
      Any kind of sharing documents and guidance will be highly appreciated.
      Best Regards
      Awais
    • By Awais
      Dear Seniors/Sir
      I hope you are fine and enjoying your good health. I am also new here and doing seminar in wind load calculation of PV panels. I have try to find calculation from google. But I did not find get any good source. It is my humble request, please guide me about this. I need some reference design example and spread sheet link. Please do me a favour and send me in my email address m.awais29@hotmail.com or here. Please recommend me also some good book, where I can study and see the examples from basic to expert.
      Best Regards
      Awais
    • By Awais
      Dear Seniors/Sir
      Best Regards
      Awais
    • By Triona
      Hi there,
      Does anyone have access to a spreadsheet to help calculate the k-values needed for equations 6.61 and 6.62 of EN 1993-1-1? This SCI document (http://www.newsteelconstruction.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/digi/0807NSCJul08/index.html#/38/) states that there are spreadsheets for this purpose freely available from the SCI website through steelbiz.org but I have not been able to find them. Alternatively, any literature which helps with calculating these k-values would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance.
    • By Benji
      Hi,
      I am new to this forum and I hope that this is the right place for my question. I am working on a project related to temporary
      edge protection according EN 13374:2013. The standards says that for every component of the edge protection system
      the aerodynamic force coefficient Cf needs to be calculated. The wind force (N/m2) is already given. As the download sections seems
      to be unavailable I haven't found a excel spreadsheet to easy my task. Is there a way to calculate a mesh element? It seems (at least to
      me as not being expert in this field) a bit funny to use these eurocodes to calculate small components. I assume that EC1 is more for
      calculating bigger strutures.
      How about Cf for cross section that is oval like (If you split a circle and strech the halfs apart and fill the empty space with rectangle)?
      Thanks!
      Benjamin