bobeico

Design of bending for a prestressed T-section.

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, help me please. I want to check the bending resistance at uls for a T shaped prestressed concrete beam using Eurocode 2, but I can't find anything explicit.

bw=98 cm

b=20 cm

h=90 cm

hf=10 cm

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Hello bobeico and welcome to the forum!

Here are some free publications that might help you:

Prestressed Concrete - Dr Colin Caprani.

Eurocode 2 Worked Examples - European Concrete Platform.

...and here are some non-free:

Reinforced Concrete Design to Eurocode 2 - Bill Mosley, John Bungey & Ray Hulse.

Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes - Prab Bhatt.

Concise Eurocode 2 for Bridges - The Concrete Center.

You can also find some free versions of the above books if you search through the web! ;)

On 02.05.2012 at 9:29 PM, mathias said:

Hello bobeico and welcome to the forum!

Here are some free publications that might help you:

Prestressed Concrete - Dr Colin Caprani.

Eurocode 2 Worked Examples - European Concrete Platform.

...and here are some non-free:

Reinforced Concrete Design to Eurocode 2 - Bill Mosley, John Bungey & Ray Hulse.

Prestressed Concrete Design to Eurocodes - Prab Bhatt.

Concise Eurocode 2 for Bridges - The Concrete Center.

You can also find some free versions of the above books if you search through the web! ;)

Only one link active. Can you upload this books somewhere or send to email? nem0v@mail.ru

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NguyenHuy
      Regarding the torsion in beam, EN 1992-1-1: 2004 section 6.3.1 (2) stipulates that: "where, in statically indeterminate structures, torsion arises from consideration of compatibility only, and the structure is not dependent on the torsional resistance for its stability, then it will normally be unnecessary to consider torsion at the ultimate limit state... ". Can anyone explain more clearly about this? For normal building, do we need to check torsion for beam?

I calculate torsion force exported from etabs then it requires not only the links but also the longitudinal bar. Sometimes the term of shear and torsion is even the critical check of section dimension. 

Thanks in advance
    • By valensa
      I see the example in this page of RC beam design. I would like to see direction to formulas in EC2, but its not about that.
      My question is about Kbal, or K', which depends from redistribution ratio δ. So I use δ=1,0, should I use other value? Do you use other value? Maybe in practice it depends on the project status? Or should I always take Kbal = 0,167?
    • By Sarah
      Hi,
      What is the ideal structural system for the slab of a multi-storey car park?
      I just read in a book (Reinforced Concrete Design to Eurocode 2) that ribbed slabs are not suitable for structures with heavy loading such as garages and I was wondering why.
      BR
      Sarah T.
    • By ozy14124
      Hello everybody,
      Any idea is EC2 still applicable for concrete with strength >60MPa? Or which other codes can we use if it is no longer relevant?
      Thanks.
    • By aciyath
      Hello people,
      Do any one of you know how to come up with a simplified curtailment figure for beams and slabs for EC 2 as the one in bs 8110. Like which assumptions are made in taking the curtailment length and rebar percentages? What is the theory involved in it and so on. I need some help for my thesis work regarding it. Please share your thoughts. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.